There are certain qualities that appear to be integral parts of a healthy relationship including:
- Both people are able to be independent and confident and have a good sense of self esteem
- Both people are in pursuit of self development and are willing to improve themselves and share what they are learning with their partner
- Both people must be comfortable with self disclosure to share and discuss their personal needs, wants, desires, dreams, likes and dislikes
- Both people must make time for each other to spend quality one on one time to create memories and de-stress together and find enjoyment together
- Both people must be genuinely interested in the other person’s life
- Both people must be interested to reach their full potential in life by trying new things
- Both people must show empathy towards each other and trust the other person to be able to share fears and concerns
- Both people must have sexual intimacy that is rich and varied and fulfilling to both people
- Both people must give and receive love
- Both people must be willing to communicate and listen without interrupting in order to resolve conflicts
- Both people must have a good understanding of forgiveness and the ability to let go of the past in order to create a richer and fulfilling future.
To set a foundation for the relationship to build on over time that increases the chances of the survival, a well formed relationship should consider the above qualities. For a relationship to be able to grow and mature you also need to have a good relationship with yourself. You need to know what you want and what you need so that you can talk to your partner about it. Too many people rely on their partners ability to mind read what their desires. Mind reading is NOT the best strategy for success!
Whitsunday Professional Counselling & Hypnotherapy Proserpine, servicing Cannonvale, Airlie Beach & Bowen