Are you thinking about booking a counselling appointment but you’ve got some questions?
Here are the Counselling FAQ and answers to give you more information:
1. How long is a counselling session?
A counselling session is one hour long.
2. Do I need a referral to come to counselling?
No you don’t need a doctors referral to come to counselling. If you are taking medication for depression, anxiety and are seeking counselling for extra help then you would need to let your doctor know that you will be seeing me and ask for a referral. Anyone who is helping you with an issue should be informed on your progress.
3. Is Whitsunday Professional Counselling a free service?
No Whitsunday Professional Counselling is not a free service. We are privately owned and operated. and do not fall under a government subsided service.
4. Can I get a Medicare Rebate or Private Health Insurance Rebate for my counselling session?
Whitsunday Professional Counselling & Hypnotherapy does not have a Provider Number required for Medicare or Private Health Funds rebates. Provider number services are issued for Psychologists and Psychiatrists not Counsellors and Clinical Hypnotherapists.
5. Are the counselling sessions recorded?
No. We do not record counselling sessions ourselves and we do not allow clients to record sessions.
6. Will I see the same Counsellor for each counselling session?
Yes. You will have the same counsellor for each session.
7. Can I book for one counselling session or do I need to book for a set amount?
You can come for one counselling session. Sometimes issues are cleared up in one session – depending on what the issue is. If you need further sessions you can decide after the first session and book your counselling appointments as necessary.
8. Can I pay by credit card?
We don’t have Eftpos. We do have PayPal so you can use a credit card and you can pay cash. We also have an ATM next door and another across the road.
9. How do I book a counselling appointment?
You can book online at contact and choose a day and time that suits you.
10. When can I book counselling appointments?
We are open 7 days a week. We have people to travel from out of town to see us and people who work full time so we like to make it easy for people to attend. We are available by appointment only Monday – Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm. We are open Saturday and Sunday from 8am – 12pm.
11. Where is the Office Located?
Our Office is located at 2/59 Main Street, Proserpine Queensland. We are 15 minutes minutes from Cannon Vale and Airlie Beach. We are a 45 minute drive from Bowen.
Got more questions? We will happily reply to you on the same day. Click the pink button and send us a message.
The counselling FAQ Page relates to Whitsunday Professional Counselling, Proserpine.